This is a two part blog post, the first post (this one) being about why you should setup a wedding website? and the second one is about how to setup a wedding website!
It’s very difficult these days to go anywhere without seeing a website link, more and more people are turning to the Internet for information about various topics. So ask yourself why not setup a website about you’re wedding?
Here are two examples
Here are some good reasons or ideas about why we think its a great idea to have a wedding website.
- Its difficult trying to fit all your wedding day information into the invites – why not be selective and just include a website link for the rest!
- When you have sent your invites out – how do you know people received them? if you had a website link – then you can see website statistics about visitors – or go one step further and have an online reply system?! You can see the picture below of the statistics for our wedding website (www.robandkirstyswedding.co.uk), we sent out our invites on Saturday the 5th of February (first class) and there was a noticeable spike in the website visitors on the 7th. The second peek shows when we set our evening invites out – great to see people actually using the site!
- You can share information about how the planning is going e.g. booking photographers or a band – I think this also helps you get a sense of achievement from getting things done
- You can include links and information to your gift lists (which are also online these days) making it easier for people to get that information in case they lose the invite!
- After your wedding its a great way to share photos with people. Upload photos from the day or honeymoon and people who visit can see them
Other things we had on our site
- A countdown to the day counter! (it now ticks up as to how long we have been married :p )
- Directions to the church and venue
- A share your photos link where people from the wedding could upload their photos